Wednesday, August 20, 2008

4 Months


Annabelle is already 4 months old. Time has just flown by. Yesterday we had our 4 month doctors appointment and shots. The doctor said that she was just great, good head shape, good skin tone, good gross motor skills and she laughed and cooed a lot for the doctor too. The doctor said that by 4 months you can really tell a person's personality and she thinks that Belle will be a happy child. Lets hope! Belle weighed 13 pounds 14 ounces (55th percentile) and was 25 inches long (80th percentile), so she is long and lean, at least at her 4 month visit. Annabelle still is not rolling over, so I am sure that the baby fat will pile on very soon. Although I was a little concerned that she was not eating enough, her weight was perfect in growth since the last visit so the doctor said that everything was just fine. We won't start cereal until 6 months.



Belle had a hard time with the shots this round. She ached and was very sore, which in turn meant lots of crying....lots and lots of crying and screaming all afternoon. If I could get her to sleep, she would wake up after a few minutes and start screaming because of the aching pain. I gave her Tylenol, but other than that, the only thing that seems to help is just distracting her. We did take a warm bath for about 45 minutes, that loosened up her muscles and was a nice distraction. I feel so bad for my little angel. I know that these shots are good for her, but I hate to see her in pain.


I will get a photo up soon.

0 comments: