Thursday, October 23, 2008

Minnesota Trip

Belle and I took our first trip, just baby and mommy. I was very nervous about how everything was going to work through airport security and the plane ride. Belle did great, but I had myself so worked up that I am sure it was much harder on me than it was on her. I brought the umbrella stroller with me, which was a very good decision. That way we could walk around the airport and she wasn't being smothered by me for the entire trip. Check-in in DC to Baggage claim in Minnesota was about 5 hours and then we stopped at Auntie Angie's on the way home and then to my mom's house...so it was a very long day for Belle, but she did great, not a single cry. On the plane she ate her bottle on the way up which took about a half hour and she slept for 1 1/2 of the 2 1/2 hour flight. So I only had to entertain her for the final 30 minutes, which was long enough - because she was ready to stretch and not be held.

Here is Belle at the airport.



Great Grandma Frederick came over to my moms to visit.

We met Cousin Jenny for breakfast Sunday morning.
And we met great-grandpa Carpenter for coffee Thursday morning.
Belle and Grandma Mary Kay.

0 comments: