Thursday, March 19, 2009

Does the word "NO" mean anything to you?

Little Belle is getting into everything! I can't seem to keep her away from the things that she is not supposed to have. Here are a few images taken within minutes of one another, as you can see, she goes from one naughty thing to another.

This high chair is so fun to push around - it has wheels - but Belle isn't great at keeping up, so she falls. I try to keep her away from it, but it is one of her favorite toys.

And the blinds on the windows are also very fun to play with.

But that problem was easily fixed.

And the vent on the floor is a must - she loves putting her fingers between the grates...

And if you thought that was enough, oh no... this little cabinet is a fantastic toy. The door opens and closes and she tries to get her entire body into it. It looks the same every time she tries to get in , but she could sit here all day. The problem, she closes her fingers in the door and when it doesn't close all the way (because her fingers are in the way), she pushes harder, then cries.... hmmm..... when will she figure out that SHE is the one hurting herself.

I think she understands that this is NOT a toy....she looks guilty.

And if there is a small space to crawl around or between to get somewhere she isn't supposed to be... she will. She got stuck in this space earlier today.

Let's not mention the baby gate, which giggles and is so fun to shake.

Oh baby girl.... you are trouble for your mommy..... I've been working on the basement playroom area to get it COMPLETELY baby proofed - mostly so I can relax for a few minutes a day, instead of constantly taking Belle away from things that are going to hurt her. Then she can just play with toys - but who needs toys?

By the way, when do kids learn that if it hurts to slam their fingers, maybe they should move them out of the way? I am ready for that milestone :)

0 comments: