Let's not mince words --- this post is really copied from my well-spoken and hilarious friend Shiloh with whom I spend my Tuesday's with. She wrote a great blog about our fun today and I just don't think I could put it any better and I completely agree with her description of the play space. I've edited it a bit to suit the Belle family and friends out there in Mississippi and Minnesota, if you're a regular reader who knows both Shiloh and me, check out her blog. Here's a link (I hope) Moms are fun
Tourist Tuesday included the usual Shiloh and Luke and our friends Gena and Julia. We ventured into the city for a visit to the "Family Room" on Capitol Hill. The concept is terrific (bring your kids to a place that feels like your family room with loads of toys where moms can kick their feet up and relax while kids play). The actual event... not up to par with expectations.
The kids did love it. Toys (circa 1950-1990) everywhere. Grime everywhere. I'm not even a germ-a-phobe. As soon as I got Belle into her stroller I got out the Clorox wipes and wiped her from head to toe, even her feet and yes, I wiped her hands with the alcohol and chemical filled wipes... It really was better than the alternative. We all had visions of fluffy cream slip-covered couches washed daily and topped with pillows next to a shabby chic coffee table for moms to put up their feet, sip their starbucks, and discuss the latest on Obama's health plan... while the kids play merrily with the bountiful array of educational toys.
Well, there were toys.
After the play time we walked to Eastern Market (a farmers market of sorts, open year-round in a new building that just opened a couple weeks ago). Belle was the queen of our picnic table. Julia was a movie star in her super cool shades. And Luke chilled knowing he was out with two (well, five, actually) cute chicks!
Moms are cool. They are fun, and do funny things. Like make weird sounds and engage in animated activities to get their children to smile. Case in point.
Before: moms acting "normal." Children bored.
0 comments:
Post a Comment