Monday, November 9, 2009

Preschool and Christmas Tree

Today was the first day that Belle did not cry when I left her at preschool. Although last week she whimpered for less than 30 seconds... but in my book, it has to be "cry" free to count. I'm a tough mommy.

Belle waved bye-bye and off I went. When I returned to pick her up she was happy to see me, but also very interested in the bubbles... so it was a hard decision, but eventually, she decided to come home with her mommy:) She was especially interested in art today and made two trees. The teacher commented that she was "interested" and when I looked at the other kid's cubbyholes... they only had one tree -- I wonder if there was a tantrum when art time was over? I'll never know?

When my mom was here -- yes it was October 30th -- we put up the Christmas tree. Kyle and I had never had a tree since we always traveled for Christmas. This year Grammie and Grandad Jefcoat are coming to DC for Christmas. Yea! Since Belle will wake up on Christmas morning in her own home, a tree was in order. My mom was a life saver helping me put it up. I've collected ornaments throughout the years - waiting for a tree - so finally we got to put them up. I quickly realized I purchased a lot of silver ornaments... so we may be shopping for a few more non-silver ornaments to balance out the tree.

As of right now (day 10) Belle is still scared of the tree. Yesterday she brushed her puppy against it and today she tried to poke it with the Swiffer. I imagine it will only be a matter of time before she tries to climb the tree, but for now, we're happy she's scared of it.

0 comments: