While Grammie Jefcoat was here she encouraged us to try Belle in a crib-free environment. We decided to put her crib mattress on the floor, call it her "big girl bed" and just experiment. The first night she was thrilled, once we read the final book and closed the door she stayed on her bed all night. In the morning she sat up on the bed and yelled for Grammie -- never leaving the bed.
With all the books and her chair in her room, I expected her to get off her bed to do something. I guess I scared the life out of her. We told her the rule was to stay on the bed, and she took it literally. It's been 6 nights and 6 naps and she has never left her bed. I wonder when she is going to realize that all she has to do is get up and walk to the door?
She loves beds in general. She puts me to bed, rubs my back and says night-night. She lays on her bed during the day and reads books, and loves to arrange her animals on and off the bed.
1 comments:
Belle is such a big girl, I can barely stand it. Love that she loves her bed, and can't fathom that she's only a few months older than Luke b/c he'd be out of there so fast, jumping off his chair digging diapers out of that genie thing.
Post a Comment