I am addicted to my "favorite" baby/kid things of the moment, and I just couldn't help myself in sharing some of them with you -- why not, most of these things I didn't come up with myself, they were gifts given to us at some point that has stood the test of time (that's a total of about 5 minutes for a 2 year-old) or recent gifts that I am just in love with.
But, for the soon-to-be moms out there, don't go buying up all this great stuff, you might just be getting one of these things as a baby gift.
My ol' stand-by; my favorite burp cloths, mostly because they can be washed a hundred times and still hold their shape and color, without the color bleeding through. I love monograms and these little things are perfect.
Up until about a week ago, I would have sworn by the Miracle Blanket. I've been giving it as gifts to new moms and always tell the parents, even if the baby doesn't seem to like it at first, keep trying it, this swaddle blanket will help any baby sleep longer (in turn giving mommy more sleep). That's until we met Quentin, who hated the miracle blanket. He wanted his hands up by his head (the same position they were in my belly). Of course, I didn't want him scratching himself and uncontrollably flailing his arms, as newborns do, which wakes him up. So we found the Woombie, which we are now in love with as well. Apparently there is more to swaddling than the miracle blanket.
[I haven't gotten a photo of Quentin in the Woombie yet, but I will, so check back.]
My friend Kim has two little ones, a boy and girl. She is the queen for eco-friendly/handmade or "best" toys ever. I am sure she researches high and low and she's found some great ones. Quentin received this personalized little wooden car as a baby gift and two years ago at Christmas Belle received an apron; see the earlier post (December 2009); the apron can be found here.
I am in love with these books, Each Peach Pear Plum and Knuffle Bunny, Belle has them memorized,thanks to Miss Shiloh who keeps us up on the most fabulous books ever.
I would be remiss if I didn't add something that I am loving for myself, thanks to Shiloh for introducing me to another great product.... these hair ties.
I also love these muslin blankets by Aden and Anais. But, don't be fooled by the recent addition of Aden and Anais blankets at Target - they're impostors. Same brand, just smaller and they use a different fabric that is not nearly as soft. Spend the extra ten bucks and get the good blankets found at a baby boutique near you. They wash wonderfully and get softer with every wash. I use the light weight-ones all year round; they're perfect for the diaper bag and airplane since they fold up pretty small.
Of course, I love organizing and my "mom agenda" has been with me for quite some time, at least three years. I like the different spaces designated for each person in the family.
Milestone stickers to document your child's first year of life. For Annabelle I decorated onesies with puffy paint; this time around, I am using these stickers, so far they're working great.
As I write this post, I am sure I have forgotten something fantastic -- that's what happens when you are going on little sleep with a 3-week-old. Maybe I'll add to this one day?






0 comments:
Post a Comment