Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Imaginary Friends and Annabelle's Imagination

We are full-speed ahead in the imaginary friends category.  Annabelle has, for at least 6 months, played with her princesses and doll house people by making-up stories and situations.  They even argue (Annabelle plays both parts), and usually it ends in  some compromise.  It is hilarious to listen to, and its true - I often hear myself in her stories: "Five more minutes"; "I'm counting"; "Lets go" -- you get the idea.

She's also been saying words like "tons" all the time: "I have a ton of princesses in the box" or "surely we can get ice cream" or my latest favorite: "Oh, Sure" -- which I think is a bit Minnesotan    The other day I gave her a package of fruit snacks and she said "I just have to pop them in my mouth because I have on lipstick (a/k/a lip balm) -- wouldn't want to mess up the lipstick.  

The other day (Friday, July 22nd) we discovered imaginary friends and they had to go everywhere with us, we had to "pretend" hold their hands and the whole bit.  I indulged her, I thought it was the cutest thing I had seen.  She has 4 friends, they are the princesses Belle, Snow White, Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty.  Not Rapunzel, not any of the others.  She's very specific and will correct you if you make a mistake.

She hasn't quite figured this all out yet, so right now I am getting her to clean up more and do more things if I say that the princesses have to do them too :).  I took that little bit of knowledge from my step-dad Len when he made Kaylee's imaginary horse sit in time-out and told Kaylee she had to sit and make sure the horse didn't get up.   Good thinking :).

1 comments:

McGarrigal Family said...

That is super cute! You must just wonder what she's thinking all the time!