Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Crawling

It was a big day in the Jefcoat home. First Annabelle said mama again - and actually meant me. The first time was January 20, 2009 and then a few times I wasn't sure, but today, it was clear. She was sitting in her highchair eating Cheerios and I was washing dishes (I know, what has this world come to) and she clearly said mama, I looked at her and smiled and she gave me the biggest smile I had ever seen and then she said mama again, louder and more emphatic. It was so sweet. Now she has been saying it all day and giving me big, wet, open mouthed kisses.....

Next, she crawled - a few movements forward. She had been going backwards for over a month. A few weeks ago she figured out how to move around a bit by siting and getting on her belly and lunging and repeating; she's also been rocking on all fours - a lot. Today, she wanted the TV remote and crawled like she had been doing it her whole life. I tried to entice her to do it again so I could get it on the video camera, but she saw the camera and refused.

It was a very happy day for this mama. My baby is growing up way too fast.

0 comments: