Friday, June 26, 2009

Friday Fun

It was a busy Friday at the Jefcoat house. We woke up and had breakfast and then went to morning coffee (play) at Belle's friend Luke's house - we had a 9:00am date. Mommy and Shiloh enjoyed some fantastic coffee, home-brewed by Miss Shiloh with steamed milk and everything - delish! Right when we arrived Luke went down for a nap, so Belle played with all of Luke's toys. About 2 1/2 hours later (my how time flies when you are having warm coffee and great conversation with such a good friend, but I digress...) Luke woke up, just in time to say hello before Belle and I had to head out to go home for lunch. Belle was a good baby, the new toys kept her "mostly" entertained.
Here is Belle wearing Luke's hat and sitting in Luke's chair, patiently waiting for him to wake up... She has no problem with hats indoors, it is the minute I get outside that she refuses to wear a hat.
Finally, the little guy wakes from his slumber to greet his friend, Belle.

After nap, it was HOT and HUMID... typical June day in DC, so I sent out a text to the regular pool crowd and Luke and Shiloh responded with "we're on our way" - so we met up at the pool for a little over an hour to cool off until dinner time. Belle did not want to leave the pool as you can see in the photograph below (she started clapping and making happy sounds when I got her out of the car to go to the pool, she knew exactly where she was and the fun that was in store for her just beyond the gate).

Daddy arrived home during dinner time for Belle and just in time for bath... as you can see, Belle had a very messy, but fun, dinner.

0 comments: