Belle and I arrived to drizzle and cool temps in Minnesota at 8:30 am Wednesday morning -- yes, we had a very early flight. I am surprised by how well Belle did on the plane, the first hour she was playing with the very nice gentleman sitting next to us on a very full flight, the next 1 1/2 hours she napped in my arms, as I was crooked and slouched so that she was "comfortable" -- let's just say that she is too long to lay down on me in an airplane seat. So, it was a bit of a challenge for mommy, but we managed and kept Belle sleeping until we landed. We were met by Grandma Mary Kay as we exited the elevator - I threw the diaper bag around Grandma's arm and we were off to diaper changes and baggage claim.
On the way back to Mankato we stopped at one of our favorite places to eat, Emma Krumbies. Since Belle hadn't gotten to stretch much, they let us sit in the private dinning room all by ourselves. Belle showed off her walking stills for Grandma and enjoyed the time to stretch her legs. Then, we gave her a sweet cinnamon roll for breakfast - she thought it was fantastic!
Wednesday consisted on resting and just getting used to the new space at Grandma and Grandpa's house. Oh - and we also went to the grocery store and Belle rode in the race car cart.
Thursday we got up and drove back to the cities to see Grandma and Grandpa O'Donnell and some of Belle's cousins. That evening we celebrated Kaylee's 6th Birthday at Chuck-E-Cheese, which was a blast for all the kids. Belle and I drove back to Mankato after pizza and rides, she fell asleep in the car and I managed to transfer her to her bed without waking her up too much. I was in bed by 8:30 myself.
Next time we're not waiting until the last minute to take pictures -- the tired baby surrounded by toys and rides within sight does not make for a good atmosphere for a photo session.
Kaylee with her birthday cake.
0 comments:
Post a Comment