My first time baking cookies and I was hosting the cookie exchange. The baking went better than expected, especially after a 20 minute conversation with my Aunt Linnette the week before on technique (i.e. eggs first, flour last in the mixing bowl -- who knew?). But, about 1/2 way through I left Linnette another phone message "cookie emergency" I exclaimed - how long to bake them, what temperature and more... Luckily, she immediately called me back and after another 20 minutes of coaching, I was calmed down enough to continue. Who would have thought, in the end, I am an excellent cookie maker. Here are my cookies.
See, what did I tell ya, and they even tasted good. So this year I have managed to bake a cake and cookies for the first time (if you don't count the pre-made take and bake cookies from the cooler section at the grocery store).Here is the spread of delicious treats at my party.
And then a group shot of all the girls who could make it this year. Until next year...
Did I mention it was also a wine and cheese party -- I mean, I am hosting, and who could blame me for adding a little vino to the mix -- it is the holidays.
0 comments:
Post a Comment