We had quite the excitement today. We were playing at the Tysons Corner Mall with Luke and Shiloh (the play space in the food court) where we rode the train and climbed on everything we could. The kids loved the train and constantly said "choo-choo".
We sat in the caboose.
Then, a fast dash to escape the play area (I think to get a good view of the train going around) ended with Belle slipping on her socks and falling. She cried hard and after she calmed down a bit I asked her what hurt, she pointed to her mouth and opened as blood dripped from her mouth. She had cracked her two front teeth (one just a tiny bit and the other a bit more). It hurt and she was miserable. I called the pediatrician and they wanted to see her as soon as possible. We were only a few miles away, but the trek through the mall was a sight to be seen. Imagine... I am carrying a crying Belle as Shiloh is pushing my stroller and pulling Luke in her stroller literally through the entire mall -- we couldn't have parked farther away.
We got to the pediatrician, the teeth were pretty loose and one had a dangerous sharp edge -- we were told to see a pediatric dentist. Hmmm... haven't checked into one of those yet, but got a few recommendations. Called the first one and got in an hour later. They were great, thank goodness. Belle was put through the ringer, lots of pushing and prodding on her teeth -- which made them bleed a lot more. She had to have x-rays, where two nurses held her down while I watched (policy to not have parents exposed to x-rays -- no, I'm not pregnant). All-in-all she had a sealant put on the broken tooth, trying to make some sort of tooth shape with extra goop. The other tooth with just the small chip will be fine on its own. Kyle showed up at the end of the appointment and helped with holding her down while they did the sealant and was able to watch the vomiting in the middle of the procedure, oh yes, lots of fun. Belle was miserable.
The doctor said it would take 6-months before we know for sure if the tooth will die and if so, it will have to be pulled. Right now we are just hoping that she does not bump her mouth for a few weeks (impossible) and she's on a soft-food diet for 2 weeks. Check-up in 10 days with the dentist to see how the bonding is holding up and the coloration of the teeth.
We're all fine here and like I said to Shiloh at the mall, they're just baby teeth and it could be much worse. We're thankful this was minor in the grand scheme on things. Oh, and also that I did her 2-year photos last week instead of this week :).
Here is belle before the sealant:
And after:


1 comments:
Ouch!! Hope she feels better soon!
Post a Comment