Monday, December 20, 2010

Snow Day

I love "snow days" -- I was so excited to hear that we were getting even more snow in Minnesota after we arrived. I have been teaching Annabelle the art of being "snowed in" -- watching the snow fall, drinking hot *room temperature* coco, gazing at the twinkling Christmas lights on the 30 foot tall evergreen trees in my parents winter-wonderland of a backyard, baking with Grandma, and of course, playing in jammies ALL day. The 40 inches of snow covering the yard and dripping from the evergreen trees makes for a beautiful winter scene. I love a white Christmas, and the weatherman predicts at least another 8 inches before Christmas Eve.





We even managed to teach Annabelle how to play with Lincoln Logs. Annabelle and her daddy played for hours. Daddy built the houses and barns and Annabelle knocked them over. I overheard Belle say to her daddy "Daddy, will you build me a barn for my chickens?" He's such a sucker.

0 comments: