Monday, May 2, 2011

Spring

It's been so fun to see what flowers we have in our yard as we embark on our first Spring in the new house. The first to bloom was this beautiful shrub, but I can't remember the name, it starts with a "C".

We have some buds on three lilac bushes, which I am thrilled about.
And the rose bushes have beautiful blooms. The landscaper indicated that these bushes will have flowers all summer long.
We're waiting for the yellow lilies to spring up and the azaleas in the back yard are also in full bloom. The cherry blossom trees only had a few blooms this year. Apparently the first year of planting you're not to expect much for blooms because of the trauma from the planting itself. There is a bunny snacking on the strawberries Annabelle and I planted earlier this Spring, so we'll be moving that into the porch and see how it does.

0 comments: