Today was Belle's first day of "preschool" at Mt. Olivet Preschool - I say "preschool" because she's ONE, what can you actually learn when you're ONE. Well, the teachers - Mrs. H. is her teacher - actually think you can learn something. Today I was handed her daily schedule, consisting of blocks of time at 1) a medium table - new term to me, but basically today was a water table - which alternates to sand, dry noodles and other creative things each week as the year progresses; 2) playground time; 3) story time; 4) snack and lunch; 5) art - seriously....ART? Yes, this week is painting, good thing it's at "school" and not at home; and 6) group activity like singing or dancing. Anyway... I digress. This year she'll attend school every Monday morning from 9:15 - 1:15. Next year will be two days a week and so on, until Kindergarten.
Belle was fine as we entered the room, immediately found some toys and was playing happily in the water table, but as soon as she saw me leave....tears and lots of crying... the motto at school is "KISS AND RUN, WE'RE HAVING FUN" - So I didn't look back and kept on going. Although, admittedly, I was a little choked up.... 4 hours at school with a ton of people she doesn't know... hmmm.... I am sure she'll do fine.
Here is Belle walking out our front door in her first day of school dress - 75 degrees today.
And here walking up to the church with her new backpack. She looks like such a "big girl" - I'm not sure this mommy is ready to have such a big girl on her hands.... they grow so fast I just want to bottle up all of this time with her and remember every single moment.
I picked Belle up from school promptly at 1:10. I got there a little early to spy on her, she was happy and playing... once she saw me she gave a huge smile and ran over to the door saying mama. No tears of relief when I arrived, so it must have been a good day. The teacher said she didn't even cry for a whole minute when I left and played the entire day with no crying, so all was well as we finished our first day of preschool.
Her art project from today is below.... do we have a budding artist? Who knows, time will tell? Although I did find a splatter of paint in her hair, is that a sign?
2 comments:
Love that backpack photo. Glad everything went well!
Art class and a backpack? Oh it just is too fabulous!
Post a Comment