Sunday, September 20, 2009

High Tea

Some of the girls from our weekly mom's group got together for High Tea at the Willard Hotel in D.C.. It was nice to sit and visit without the babies running around, it was an opportunity to relax and enjoy some quiet adult time. Actually, I discovered that I enjoy tea. I had a wonderful Vanilla Bean tea and ohh...a glass of champagne -- I couldn't resist.
After Tea a couple of us girls walked to the adjoining W Hotel (formerly Hotel Washington) to view their new and improved rooftop deck overlooking the White House and all of Washington D.C. -- and of course, to have a drink. We ordered Mojitos, sat at the bar and enjoyed the view of the city on this beautiful fall day, the sun brightly shinning in on us. The photos are not great -- the sunshine made shadows in the photographs, but was perfect for an afternoon of relaxing and spending time with the girls.

Photo: Shiloh, Colleen, (White House), me, Maj.
Photo: The four of us with the bar in the background.

0 comments: