Fall brings football related activities to the Jefcoat home. This past weekend we rented a house in the Charlottesville mountains and attended the UVA v. USM football game. On our way, we stopped for "lunch" at a winery.... I couldn't resist and the children needed to stretch their legs -- or so I told myself as I walked into a winery at exactly noon for a tasting and a glass of red for lunch. We sunk into the leather sofa and enjoyed a wonderful indoor picnic. Annabelle colored and enjoyed Oyster crackers while Quentin rolled around.
Listening to Annabelle talk about going to the "house in the mountains" on the drive was cracking us up. She's got such an imagination, she loves making up her own songs... so we heard this song more than a few time on the drive - "the house in the mountains, we're driving a lot, we'll see my Uncles and that will be fun... the trees are beautiful and so is the smoke (a.k.a. the fog lifting). Then we had a lesson on why it rains; because "the trees need a long drink of water" -- but of course. Quentin was laughing at Annabelle and blowing raspberries to keep himself entertained.
With the kids in toe and Kyle's entire family we packed the diaper bag and Eurgo carrier and headed for Victory at the UVA Stadium. To my surprise, the kids were great. They both love watching the game. I thought Annabelle would be antsy, but she really wasn't, I had more distracting tricks in my bag that were never used. Here are a few photos from the long weekend.
| Add caption |
![]() |
| Lots of cheering on the Golden Eagles |



0 comments:
Post a Comment