Today we had out first parent teacher conference, I know at preschool. The teacher used words like plays well with others, has friends, listens, excited about everything that is presented, loves art and science, etc. All very nice and leaves you feeling warm and fuzzy... but, I know more 3-year-old, there must be something, so I asked. Anything we need to work on at home, anything that is concerning... the teacher replied there was nothing, really? The one thing that the teacher kept stressing is that Annabelle is a very well rounded little girl, socially and academically. She sees that Annabelle is confident and enjoys playing with the other kids. All is all, a very proud moment for mommy and daddy.
Of course it didn't hurt that the teacher gave me a little pat on the back saying that it is obvious that at home we have limits (and consequences) but that Annabelle gets a good amount of free-play time and has a lot of creative time at home. She could tell that Annabelle is very creative, especially with her dramatic play (i.e. doll house, dress up, beauty shop, princesses).
Oh, and the teacher said that even at school Annabelle asks to be "excused" from the table during snack and lunch and has good manners. So apparently its rubbing off on her. I was surprised she used her manners at school when the other kids don't.
Oh, and the teacher said that even at school Annabelle asks to be "excused" from the table during snack and lunch and has good manners. So apparently its rubbing off on her. I was surprised she used her manners at school when the other kids don't.
I told Annabelle that I was going to teacher conferences and she said "you don't need to go mommy, I'm always good" Of course, that raised my suspicions, I gave her a look of confusion and she said "well, maybe you can just ask them what I do all day, like go to science." I thought, ok little girl, we'll see how that goes.
0 comments:
Post a Comment