What a fun weekend! Angie and Kaylee arrived this past Thursday (May 22nd) and Kaylee was so excited. It was Kaylee's first airplane ride, she loved it and wasn't scared at all. I picked them up at the airport and Kaylee was full of energy -- apparently a 4-year-old is always full of energy and boy did we learn that. It's a good thing children start off small to break you in, I am exhausted.
On Friday, Angie, Kaylee, Annabelle and I went to lunch and then to the National Zoo. It was Annabelle's first trip to the zoo. We thought Kyle was going to meet us, but he had to stay at work. Kyle's brother Ken and his friend Brook did meet us at the zoo for about an hour, which was nice because they would hold Kaylee up to see the animals - which gave us a little break.
Saturday evening Kyle and I had our first "date night" since Annabelle was born 5 weeks ago. We went to a French restaurant downtown - it was very nice to enjoy some special time with Kyle, but I was also sad to leave my little baby. I know that sounds so over-protective, but Annabelle is just so little yet. With Angie, it seems natural that she would watch Annabelle, she has two girls of her own and does home daycare, she is trained in infant CPR and has a good handle on babies. Not to mention she has had to teach me a thing or two already...:) Kyle and I both really enjoyed getting out and realize that we need to keep up with alone time and "date night" - so the baby doesn't take over every aspect of our life.
Sunday Kyle and his brother Clark took Kaylee to the Natural History museum. They had a blast. They walked through a butterfly exhibit (where the butterflies are all around you) and one landed on Kaylee's head. Unfortunately, it didn't stay long and Kyle didn't have time to snap a picture. They also road the carousel on the National Mall and took a trip on the Metro (the underground subway in Washington DC). Kaylee was very good for her uncle Kyle and I think everyone enjoyed the day.

Angie, Annabelle and I went shopping for Annabelle's christening gown. Angie is her Godmother and she purchased a very beautiful gown for her christening.
Monday we relaxed most of the day. Kyle took Kaylee to see a movie - Dr. Seuss's Horton Hears a Who. When Kaylee got home we did a painting art project that was very fun and we also tried to do imprints of Annabelle's feet - which she did not like and was very hard to do. Kaylee did a little shopping for some presents for her daddy and Mya. Angie and I went out for dinner while Kyle and Clark stayed at home with the children.
Tuesday Angie and Kaylee return home to Minnesota. We already miss them very much.
0 comments:
Post a Comment