Sunday, May 10, 2009

Wonderful Mother's Day

It was a beautiful Mother's Day. I hate to get too sappy on this blog, but since it's "Mother's Day" I feel like I can get a "pass." Kyle got up with Belle this morning and drove to Dunkin Donuts for treats and coffee for mommy. I leisurely woke up to a happy baby playing in the living room. We got ready and went for a picnic at the most wonderful park in the world. Seriously, check out the link to this park: http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks/clemyjontri/playground.htm. Since Kyle was packing the picnic, he made peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for the parents and was instructed to make plain peanut butter for Belle, but thought - all by himself - that it would be a good idea to add jelly to Belle's sandwich - why deprive the kid, right? Well, lunch was very messy and Kyle quickly understood why we don't put jelly in the sandwiches when we go out:) Since it was Mother's Day, Kyle got to take care of feeding Belle and dealing with the jelly - that managed to get everywhere!

We made it home just in time for nap. Mommy and Belle rested while Kyle ran to Target for diapers (we seem to always be out). When Kyle returned home, we had a drink on the deck until Belle woke up from her nap. Shortly thereafter, Clark came over to see his niece. I made dinner, and soon I'll be off to bed. What a truly wonderful day, and it was more wonderful because Kyle put so much effort into the day and letting me relax from my 24/7 job as "mommy." Spending the day with Kyle and my baby just playing and relaxing was a perfect mother's day. How does a girl get so lucky?





0 comments: