Sunday, May 31, 2009

"No No Mama"

Our sweet little Belle is getting a little attitude, and she's only 13 months old. Yesterday Kyle and I were playing with her on the floor and she stood up on her chair and we always tell her to sit down (mostly because it is just a foam chair and it tips over). Anyway, I said to her "sit down" and she looked at me and shook her head and said "no no mama". Kyle and I were both so shocked that we cracked up laughing - which totally defeats the purpose - but oh my, 13 months and the attitude is showing. She is little miss independent already and she's not ever consistently walking. This mommy is in for a long couple years with a toddler. Yes, as the personality developes there is no question this is MY little girl.

And today for nap time, I said "night night" and she started crawling up the stairs as she does for nap and bedtime and she got up a couple stairs looked at me and said "night night" - well, the "t" sound wasn't all that pronounced, but it was pretty clear what she intended. It is amazing how much she changes every single day.

0 comments: