Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Belle Paints with Poop

Yes, I said poop. Oh my sweet dainty little baby. Apparently I gave her too much apple sauce at lunch, because by the end of her afternoon nap her diaper had exploded up her back and she noticed... grabbed the poop and smeared it everywhere. On both hands, in the mouth (I think), in the hair, on the crib, on the walls, all over the sheets and the stuffed animals she sleeps with. Oh, what a wonderful sight when mommy came to get her baby up from her nap. Belle was so quite when she did all of this - she must know this was unacceptable.
After I de-clothed her I tried to get her in the bath, where she refused to sit down. I tell ya, what is a mommy to do? In any event, the mommy was poopy, the baby was poopy, and then we were both VERY clean. Belle was scrubbed from head to toe. Her room was disinfected and everything sterilized and scrubbed. What a fun afternoon. Of course, someday Belle is going to hate this post, but I just can't help it... I am told that every baby does this, so hopefully this is not a "new" thing for Miss Belle. Good thing a little poop doesn't scare me away... she'll have to try harder next time.

0 comments: