Sunday, April 19, 2009

Preparing for Belle's Birthday Bash

Belle's birthday bash was so fun to plan and get ready for. The theme was "cupcakes" and the colors were orange and dark pink. Thank goodness Grandma Mary Kay was here to help. We were busy non-stop preparing for Belle's birthday bash. We had a blast getting ready for the party, doing the decorations and going through the monthly photos of Belle. Here you can see us decorating cupcakes for the party.
I made Belle this little two-tier cake, I even decorated it myself -- my first time baking a cake. I seem to think there is more baking in my future. The banister decorations were the monthly onesies we used to take photographs of Belle each month. I am sad to say, the #1 was the last onesie. Now my sweet baby is toddler.

Here is our dining room, ready for the party.

And we hung all of the monthly photos so they were on display for the guests to see how much she has grown.

Here is a close up of the dessert table. The M&M's were printed with "Belle is ONE".

And this is a cupcake flower arrangement that my mom and I made.

Here is a larger view of the dessert table and "baby bar" consisting of Cheerios's, baby crackers, and juice boxes.
After Belle ate her cake, Kyle had the brilliant idea of putting her hat in it's place.

0 comments: